Certificate in Business Research
Why Business Research?
Organizations today face significant challenges when it comes to gathering, processing, analysing and delivering insights from complex data & information. Companies realize the importance of research and analytics to help them in bringing insights from the data & information available through multitude of sources. Business Research helps companies in:
- Competitor Identification: Just as customers need to be understood and analysed, so do competitors. Identifying competitors, their strategy & performance is important before companies finalize their decision about which business category and market segment to compete, launch new products etc.
- Market Intelligence: In order to be successful, a company irrespective of the size and scale needs to know about the business environment it is operating in. Market intelligence is capturing of information relevant to a company's markets, to facilitate decision making. It provide a company with a view of what is happening in a market place, what the issues are, what competitors are doing, what customers or consumers are doing and market potential is for new products or services based on previous activities and responses.
- Due Diligence: Due diligence sounds impressive but ultimately it translates into basic common sense success factors such as "thinking things through" and "doing your homework". It is research and analysis of a company or organization done in preparation for a business transaction. Due Diligence is used to investigate and evaluate a business opportunity. As such, it spans investigation into all relevant aspects of the past, present, and predictable future of the business of a target company or product or market.
- Performance Benchmarking: It is imperative for any successful business to benchmark its performance to its peers to get a true picture. Performance Benchmarking gives business a chance of findings answers to questions like – Where do they stand on key financial & operational parameters vs their competition? What do they need to do differently to improve their performance?
- Lead Generation: For a business to be successful, it is important that it continues to add new customers for its products & services. Lead generation is the process of identifying potential customers/consumers who are currently not using companies’ product/service, understanding reasons for their lack of interest/purchase and then effectively targeting them to make them active customers.
Why this course?
- Every year more than 10,000 new jobs are created in MNCs and large Indian companies that require specialized skills in research. These are very lucrative with entry level CTC varying between INR 3-8 lacs per annum.
- There are no specialized courses that prepare students for careers in the promising field of business & strategy research and skills imparted during curriculum are not adequate to develop the required skills.
- CBR is designed to develop strong research and analytical ability, master research methods and analyze data & information using various tools and drive insights. CBR prepares you for a rewarding career in the field of business & strategy research.
- Overview of strategy & business research function and industry
- Searching information using various tools and databases (free and paid)
- Analyzing data and information
- Presenting information & drawing insights
- Preparing professional reports
- Problem solving skills
- Performance benchmarking – financial & operational
- Thought structuring & pyramid principle
- MS office
- Simulated placement test
- Mock interviews
What are the benefits for you?
- Our curriculum will equip you with the skills that corporates want in a business researcher
- You would be able to put yourself across in a much better manner as you interview for a role in a desired company.
- Not only will you have a distinct advantage over your peers in your college but also after you have joined the corporate as you would already know what other new joiners will learn in 6-12 months.
- Guaranteed placement (or fees return)*
Instead of trying to find a path to follow, today's most successful professionals seek to acquire the right skills to set themselves up for advancement
Terri Tierney Clark (Author and Speaker)